|Product type:||Weapons & Weapon Systems|
RO Defence, in partnership with RDM of the Netherlands, are upgrading the standard 105mm M101 Howitzer with a modified cannon assembly using either a new 33 or 37 calibre barrel to allow interoperability with modern high performance ammunition.
The upgrade is comprehensive, including a new calibre barrel, a new muzzle brake, recoil modifications, carriage strengthening and breech alterations to accommodate new ammunition types.
The upgraded M101/33 is in service and on order with a number of countries worldwide and offers the following benefits:
• Maximum range over 19.6km with ERM1 base bleed and M913 HERA rounds
• Fires all standard Ml ammunition
• Fires all new high performance ammunition
• Developed by US for M119 Light Gun
• Increase of elevating range and range overlap
• Comprehensive upgrade to ensure strength of gun and crew safety
• Upgrade programme can be carried out in-country
• M101/33 in NATO service