|Manufacturer:||All Terrain Vehicle Corporation - ATV|
|Product type:||Auxiliary Vehicles|
All Terrain Vehicle Corporation's Prowler RTVs (Rugged Terrain Vehicles) are purpose built to provide the military with superior light tactical mobility platforms for use in non-traditional combat, reconnaissance and logistic support.
Prowler light tactical vehicles provide a platform with a unique combination of mission critical characteristics:
- Rugged and reliable performance in any terrain or climate
- Easily deployable, including as ITVs by aircraft such as the CH-46/47/53/60 series helos and the CV-22
- Multi-mission configurable for assault, ISR, SAR or logistic support
- Unparalleled operator protection
Prowler RTVs are designed and built to overcome the severe limitations of generic recreational ATVs (including those modified for military use) regarding vehicle reliability, endurance, control and operator safety. While similar in size and appearance to a typical ATV, the Prowler RTV is completely different in operation, in construction and in performance. Prowlers are faster, more rugged, reliable and stable, and can pull or carry greater payloads than any ATV-type vehicle made. Prowlers drive like a car, with automotive-type steering and controls. In contrast, the operator of a generic or modified ATV must straddle and body balance his vehicle, use handlebars to steer, and both hands to control throttle and brakes.
Since its introduction in 2002, military forces have deployed the Prowler across a wide range of combat, reconnaissance and SAR missions around the world. Prowler field-testing has resulted in enthusiastic AARs (After Action Reports) from the military, emphasizing the vehicles' outstanding performance, endurance, reliability and operator protection.
In addition to its classic mission, the versatile Prowler platform has been, and is being, used in a number of autonomous robotic and remotely controlled applications, including IED and mine sweeping and the DARPA Grand Challenge.
Prowler hallmark all-terrain performance - exceptional stability, endurance, speed, power, reliability and versatility - is based upon the Prowler's:
- Powerful 660cc four-stroke liquid-cooled engine
- Fully automatic all-wheel drive
- Front and rear independent double-wishbone suspension
- Sealed steel-frame construction with chrome-moly roll cage and cargo racks
- EMT run-flat tires and double-reinforced wheels
- Low center of gravity and ample ground clearance
- Dual hydraulic-disc front brakes and shaft-mounted hydraulic-disk rear brakes, with full engine braking on each of all four drive-wheels
- Speed of up to 63mph (4WD, hi-range)
- Payload capacity of 1,000lb plus, with 1:1 payload to weight ratio
- 2,250lb to 2,350lb towing capacity (terrain dependent)
- 3,000lb remote-control winch
The Prowler is manufactured by All Terrain Vehicle Corporation, a subsidiary of Phoenix International Systems, Inc. (Orange, California), an ISO 9001:2000 Certified SDVOSB that has been supplying state of the art COTS products in support of military operations since 1993.