|Manufacturer:||Arzamas Machinery Plant|
|Product type:||Armoured Vehicles|
The BTR-80K APC allows the battalion commander to command and control his troops, report to higher headquarters and participate in combat actions.
It is a modified BTR-80 APC retaining basic combat and technical characteristics of the latter. The updates comprise:
- battalion commander workstation instead of the APC commander station;
- additional two workstations for vehicle commander/senior radio operator and gunner/radio operator;
- additional communications, navigation and aiming aids;
- stowage place for TA-57 telephone set with a 500m cable reel;
- equipment of the workstations with tables, lighting, ventilation and heating devices.
Navigational aids provide vehicle position and bearing automatic calculation and indication in relation to the assigned point of destination. A special sighting device for navigational purposes is mounted on the roof of the turret.