The Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) supplies power to the combat vehicle, allowing either the main engine to be turned off or add electrical power in full operation. This reduces significantly the fuel consumption and wear of the vehicle diesel engine. It also reduces detection of the vehicle during operations. Main features of the APU are:
- Monitoring of the operation and charging of the vehicle batteries
- Power supply to any of the vehicles electrical consumers while the main engine is not running.
The integrated flywheel generator Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) sets new references in the vehicle market and has been developed alongside customers providing the best solution to space and weight constrains, and the operational requirements of vehicles platforms.
Main features - Engine:
- commercial off the shelf engine
- modified to meet coldstart requirements
- modified to run on JP8 and Diesel
- modified oilsump for heavy duty
Main features Generator
- direct coupling to the diesel engine
- maintenance free operation