|Product type:||Auxiliary Vehicles|
Medium Assault Vehicle – Light (MAV-L).
The MAV-L is modular, transports up to seven operators, and is air transportable in a MH/CH-47 Chinook helicopter. The vehicle is built specifically for the special operations forces and is designed to function worldwide on any battlefield.
Northrop Grumman has partnered with BAE Systems and Pratt & Miller Engineering to make our latest innovation a reality: the MAV-L. The MAV-L is another example of industry leaders joining forces to establish innovative technology and tools for the warfighter.
Purpose-designed and built for the operator, the MAV-L delivers an inventive, flexible and modular mission solution to the warfighter by leveraging the experience and expertise of leaders in the military vehicle and commercial racing industries. The MAV-L family of vehicles can be produced, designed, and modified for a wide-range of light tactical vehicle requirements.
In partnering with BAE Systems and Pratt & Miller Engineering, Northrop Grumman created the most credible, innovative, mission-focused team in the industry. The proven military vehicle production and engineering experience of BAE Systems provides our team with high-quality manufacturing processes and facilities that deliver superbly-built and affordable military vehicles on time.
Pratt & Miller Engineering's undisputed experience and award-winning expertise in the high-performance racing world ensures that the MAV-L is fast, agile and reliable. The capabilities of our partners combined with Northrop Grumman's proven Systems Engineering acumen, decades of experience in land forces sustainment and military platform C4ISR integration, make certain that our customers receive a vehicle as capable and flexible as their mission requirements.
- Quick-change track system
- Rear cargo shelves
- Quick change front and rear accessory kits
- Interchangeable front and rear bumper and racks
- Fits in a CH47 with gun ring intact
- Fits in a C130
- Air lift capable
- Worldwide road compatibility
- MIL-STD-1366 and MIL-STD-209
- Tie down points designed for MIL-STD-209
- Tire size (335/80R20)
- Short-long arm front suspension
- Trailing arm rear suspension
- Field-proven wheel ends and driveline hardware
- 4x4 with high/low transfer case
- Space optimized for 98% operators
- Lightweight tubular space frame
- Structural runnel and floor
- Rollover protection (ROPS) for 6 personnel
- Lightweight carbon fiber bodywork