- Based on Rafael’s Samson Mk I - the operationally deployed 30mm RWS
- High survivability - low silhouette – with under-armor reloading
- High hit and kill probability
- More cost-effective than manned turret
- Day/night operation and endurance under extreme conditions
- Full day/night “hunter-killer” capabilities
- Compatibility with any 6x6 or 8x8 AFV
Enhanced Lethality with High Survivability - Samson Mk II Sets the RWS Standard
Like its predecessor, the Samson Mk II is a dual-axis, gyro- stabilized, dual-sight (Gunner and Commander) remote-controlled weapon system capable of mounting multiple weapons.
The Samson Mk II offers significant improvements, including lower silhouette, optional armor protection, and improved hit accuracy, boosted crew survivability with under-armor reloading, increased rigidity and higher gun elevation capabilities - all which enable improved combat continuity.
Supports Mission Diversity
The Samson Mk II enables forces to effectively close the fire loop with varying degrees of firepower, from 7.62mm on the coaxial machine gun, through 23mm to 40mm main gun (western and eastern versions) and up to ATGM (Anti-Tank Guided Missile) engagement ranges. This gives forces mission flexibility in both urban and open country scenarios, with maximum survivability for the vehicle and crew.
- High accuracy owing to increased RWS rigidity
- Under-armor (patented feature) ammunition reloading system
- Enables hatch-out operation commander situational awareness
- Safe movement and firing provisions (ACS/FIS)
- Interfaces with any C2 and C4I system
Survivability by Design
The Samson Mk II RWS boosts crew survivability by eliminating deck penetration. Additional crew protection is provided by a dedicated (Rafael patent-pending) in-hull reloading system. And for the vehicle itself, Samson Mk II RWS’s low-silhouette geometry enables the host platform’s surfaces to easily accommodate protective armor ranging from STANAG Level 1 to 4.
- 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher (AGL) (optional)
- Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) launcher
- Smoke Grenade Launcher (SGL)