|Manufacturer:||OAO Central Research Institute BUREVESTNIK|
|Name:||Remote controlled weapon station|
AU-220M Remote Controlled Weapon Station armed with BM-57 57mm automatic cannon, developed by CRI BUREVESTNIK and proposed by Uralvagonzavod/ It can be mounted on light and medium armored vehicles, such as BMP-3. It was first demonstrated at the IDEX-2015 exhibition.
Automatic gun can fire two types of unitary 57 mm ammunition:
- 53-UBR-281U Armor-piercing Tracer Round
- 53-ERM-281U Fragmentation Tracer Round
- Rate of fire - 120 rounds per minute
- The initial velocity of the projectile up to 1000 m/s
- The fire control system with two-plane stabilization
Automatic 57 mm gun has 200 rounds ammunition. The maximum firing range up to 12 km. The ammunition includes armor-piercing, high-explosive rounds and guided missiles.
The FCS controls the operations of target detection and identification, gun laying and firing of the 57mm automatic gun and 7.62mm machine-gun when firing from a halt, on the move and on the float in any combat enviroment.
The FCS is equipped with a sight unit, comprising a combined sight with thermal-imaging and TV channels, a laser-finder and independent dual-axis field of view stabilization.
- All-around fire - protection against 7.62mm bullets (~Level 3 acc. to STANAG 4569).
- Front arc - protection against 30mm bullets (~Level 5 acc. to STANAG 4569).
Uralvagonzavod demonstrates BMP-3 with AU-220M weapon station (04.06.2018)
Paramount Group Unveils New Generation 8x8 Infantry Combat Vehicle For Global Defence Market (03.06.2016)