|Manufacturer:||Israel Aerospace Industries - IAI|
|Product type:||Auxiliary Vehicles|
|Name:||Mine clearing vehicle|
SMCS - SURFACE MINE CLEARING SYSTEM
A light-weight system tasked with clearing scattered and surface laid mines, lEDs and UXOs from paved, unpaved / secondary roads, access roads and paths.
Designed primarily with home-front use in mind, the flexible SMCS system is ideal for:
- Logistic areas
- Command & control centers
- Suburban roadways
- Emergency storage areas
- Operable by vehicle driver without engineering force assistance.
- Proven reliable against a wide assortment of surface scattered mines and ordnance.
- Easily adaptable to a wide variety of vehicles without the need for adapters or special tools.
- Designed to be used alone as a purely mechanical mine plow system, or with active/passive electronic mine breaching countermeasures in order to defeat a wider range of mine threats.
- Does not damage road surfaces.
- Can be folded and stowed quickly for efficient travel
- Number of mine clearing elements - 17
- Number of independent scrapers - 3
- Weight - 1.2 ton
- Operational width - 4.3 m
- Transport width - 2.8 m
- Replaceable mine clearing elements - Yes
- Mine clearing speed range - Up to 30 km/h
- Installation or removal time - 15 min