Acclaimed as designer and integrator of weapon systems, CMI Defence is marked out by its innovative approach to designing turrets and weapon stations on a flexible modular architecture.
Its experience and technical expertise in integrating cutting-edge multi-functional weapon systems into lightweight air-transportable armoured vehicles provides CMI Defence with a unique capability: integrate proven technologies into a protected weapon station, equipped with different types of medium calibre guns (20 mm to 30 mm).
The independence of CMI Defence enables to offer tailored solutions to meet the ever demanding operational needs of armed forces worldwide, also taking into account their existing fleets.
The CPWS is designed to incorporate the 20 mm to 30 mm calibre automatic gun that best meets the user's needs. The list below gives a few examples:
- CPWS20 - 20 mm
- CPWS25 - 25 mm - ATK M242, Nexter, Oerlikon KBA
- CPWS30 - 30 mm - ATK M230 LF
The CPWS station is equipped with a dual-mode high-performance stabilised sight system used in observation mode for a panoramic 360° view without moving the station, and in firing mode as a targeting system linked with the ballistics computer system.
The innovative concept presented by CMI Defence provides protection for the equipment and the operator during loading operations and access to the systems.
The weapon station is equipped with an hatch enabling observation, non-threatening forward movement and evacuation of the crew.
Its stealth profile and its alternatives of levels of ballistic protection play a large role in the survival of the vehicle that the CPWS equips.
In addition, the CPWS can accommodate different protection and detection systems.
The range of Cockerill medium calibre weapon stations is based on the proven cutting-edge architectures and designs in CMI Defence's range of weapons systems.
- Weapon station with access to the equipment under protection
- Dual mode sighting system for panoramic observation and firing
- 2 axis stabilised
- Day/night (thermal camera)
- Laser range finder
- Ballistics computer to engage ground and low speed airborne targets
- Digital electronic architecture (CAN Bus)
- Fast motion electro-mechanical power control system
- n x 360° rotation
- Maximum depression/elevation: -10° to +45°
- Fully stabilised weapon station allowing firing on the move and at moving targets Display for the operator providing:
- Access to images of sighting systems
- Station operation control
- Close situational awareness system if any Ballistic protection:
- up to Level 4 (STANAG 4569) with add-on armour Secondary armament:
- 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun
- Provision for integration of grenade launchers of different calibres (66 mm, 76 mm,...)
CMI Defence presents the Cockerill CPWS 20-25-30 (19.06.2014)