|Manufacturer:||Electro Optic Systems Pty Limited - EOS|
|Name:||Remote controlled weapon station|
The R400S-Mk2 continues the EOS commitment to refine and improve its remote weapon system product range. The Mk 2 remains a single weapon station specifically developed to provide 30 mm firepower in a high precision weapon system weighing less than 400 kg. It retains its R400 heritage to operate a variety of other weapons including machine gun and automatic grenade launcher.
For the first time, this weapon station was demonstrated installed on Oshkosh M-ATV vehicle at the IDEX-2015 exhibition. In September 2016 at the NGUAS conference the same company Oshkosh demonstrated its new JLTV with the R400S-Mk2 RCWS.
The first round hit probability is provided through an enhanced integrated ballistic solution which analyses weapon and ammunition data; range and ambient environment in addition to vehicle attitude and dynamics. Performance can be further enhanced with optional video track of targets and multi-axis stabilisation.
The Mk2 is ‘plug-and-play’ compatible with other EOS weapon systems. Below-armour control systems linked to above-armour mounting and cabling are compatible with other family members.
The advanced technology of the R400S-Mk2 combined with the lightweight 30mm ATK M230 LF cannon provides light vehicles with unprecedented access to firepower normally reserved for much heavier (armoured) vehicles.
The Mk2 has a variant optimised for tracked vehicles which minimises high frequency road and vehicle vibration from degrading the video image displayed to the operator.
Precise mobile engagements up to 2 km with 30 mm lethality are now a reality.
The Mk2 provides a reliable, flexible and powerful weapon station for a broad range of fighting vehicles (wheeled or tracked).
- Single weapon station
- Flexible ballistic protection
- Small dispersed control modules allow integration into tight internal vehicle spaces
- Integrated video tracker with video and audio recording options
- Integrated battlefield sector scan including 200 pre-settable target reference points
- Integrated firing inhibit zones with field adjustment
- Module commonality will all EOS remote weapon systems
- All sensors (laser rangefinder, day and thermal cameras) housed in a single compact unit
- RWS variant optimised for tracked vehicles
- Easy integration with battle management systems
- Full BIT with advanced logistics support
- 12.7mm HMG
- 7.62mm GPMG
- 40mm AGL