Articles >>

Patria AMV 8x8 vehicle and Patria Nemo mortar system agreements with Slovenia

Category: Contracts

Nemo mortar system

The Slovenian Ministry of Defence has signed agreements with Rotis and Patria covering 135 Patria AMV 8x8 vehicles as well as Patria Nemo 120 mm single-barrel mortars to the Slovenian Army.

Patria's New Mortar system Patria Nemo launched in June 2006 now records its first international business deal. Both products represent the newest technology on the market and offer unique protection and performance. Production will gradually be transferred to Slovenia in 2007 and 2008. Together with Patria and Rotis, Gorenje will also be involved in the production.

The value of the agreements is EUR 278 million.

Patria will produce the vehicle and the mortars through direct participation of local partners. In addition, their offset agreements will bring great benefits to the Slovenian economy as a whole. Patria AMV 8x8 vehicle is the winner of several army field tests in different countries and the first of its kind in the world with the unique level of mine protection certified by South African authorities. Patria Nemo, the newest member in Patria's mortar system family was launched in June 2006. Since then, not only Slovenia but also other countries have recognised the superiority of this mortar system and the company foresees bright future prospects.

Rotis will with Slovenian industry - that is with those companies that showed interest - conduct the production of elements and major components. Together Patria will, as offered by the offer, conduct the involvement of Slovenian industry in the share of 30% of the deal value. For the rest of 70% they would realize offset, that is export of Slovenian products and services to the world and in that way for many Slovenian companies open the door for placement on new markets, new products and acquiring new technological knowledge.

Sergyi Way

Printable Version Send by email rss favorite Facebook Vkontakte Twitter Google+

Eurosatory 2018: Patria 6X6 - Multifunctional transport capacity far into the future

Patria’s latest technology featured at DSEI 2017

Patria Nemo Container test firings on land completed

Patria introduces new technology at IDEX 2017

NEMO (Mortar turret)

Nemo Container (Self-propelled mortar)

NEMO PLUS (Mortar turret)


At present you cannot leave messages. To be able to do this, you should enter by using your name. If you are not registetred, do it now. The registration procedure will take just one minute.