|Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarow - PIAP
|Robot, Unmanned Vehicle
PIAP SCOUT is a robot designed for quick reconnaissance of field and places difficult to access, i.e. vehicles' chassis, places under seats in means of transportation, narrow rooms or ventilation ducts.
The robot PIAP SCOUT basic moving assembly consists of hybrid system (tracks-wheels), but if necessary, a moving wheels can be dismantle.
Solid construction of small dimensions and small weight with dynamic driving system provides high maneuverability and high speed of the robot (7 km/hr).
Additional devices (recoilless disrupter, video recorder, chemical sensors, RTG, fibre optic cable with roller) mounted to the robot's mobile base, could significantly broadened its scope of applications.
- The small robot dimensions enable for swift inspections of hard to reach areas and rooms.
- The robot wheels are easy to dismantle. This allows for a limitation of the robot's overall dimensions and operation in spaces that are hard to reach.
- The very low robot weight enables for its transport in a typical military knapsack.
- Thanks to the drives used, the robot efficiently travels across area unevenness and obstacles of inclination angle up to 45°.
- The module robot structure enables for an easy and swift replacement of any additional equipment.
- The robot is able to carry loads with its manipulator - from 2 up to 5 kg.
- Both the robot and the manipulator may be controlled from the operator's station (in a form of a small and light weight-suitcase).
- The optional use of the optic fibre transmission enables for robot's operation at significant distances, even in an environment of high electromagnetic noise level.