BM-7 Parus is a remote-controlled weapon station installed on light armoured vehicles (APCs, ICVs, etc.).
BM-7 Parus designed to engage:
- from a stationary position
- on the move at speeds of up to 10 km/h
- stationary and moving armoured vehicles
- low-flying and low-speed air targets
- 30mm automatic grenade launcher
- anti-tank guided missile launchers
Weapon station is remote-controlled, self-contained.
Crew comfort and protection is improved (the weapon station does not take space inside the fighting compartment, and no powder gas can get inside the crew stations).
In combat condition under protection of the hull the operator can reload the gun, cock the weapon.