Infantry-led mounted and dismounted operations are in ever greater need of effective fire support. Peacekeeping, reconnaissance and counter-insurgency operations have the same need.
To meet this need, CMI Defence has developed the new Cockerill 3000 Series weapon system.
This unique system comprises a single, common core platform that supports a large variety of configurations and capabilities, from 25mm infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) to 105mm direct fire support vehicle.
The new Cockerill 3000 series product is displayed at the IDEX-2015 in two-man 30/40mm form ("Cockerill 3030/40") on the General Dynamics European Land Systems Desert Piranha chassis.
The Cockerill 3000 Series is a unique new turret product from CMI Defence. Conceived to deliver unprecedented levels of value to the user, the Cockerill 3000 series:
- Delivers cutting-edge day/night, stabilised, high-precision weapon system capability
- Is a single modular, common core platform that provides a single common heart to many products and variants
- Can be readily configured and re-configured as necessary through-life, according to role and operational demand
- Interchangeably accepts a wide range of weapon types and caliberres, from 25mm automatic cannon to 105mm NATO-standard tank gun
- Offers significant reductions in whole-life cost and increases in operational flexibility
- Is now sold in several different configurations and entering production
Otokar debuts its Light Tank in Paris (19.06.2018)
CMI Defence presents the Cockerill CPWS 20-25-30 (19.06.2014)